Beyond the strictly musical definition, “rock” is an attitude that is perfectly fitting for Tel Aviv, so it’s no surprise that many of Israel’s rock bands hail from, or live in the city.Scroll to page content
For those looking to delve a little further into the rockier side of the Tel Aviv spirit, as well as its live music venues, our concierge team is your first port of call, in the meantime here is sneak-peak into the local offerings;
- THE OZEN BAR showcases a variety of local performers from a scope of genres; rock and alternative; funk; hip-hop, and groove. They play host to big local names as well as smaller, up-and-coming artists.
48 King George, Tel Aviv. 03-6215210. www.ozenbar.com
- LEVONTIN 7 is the home for music lovers. With live music played most nights, it’s at the heart of Tel Aviv’s alternative music scene, with a variety of eclectic sounds ranging from jazz to central Asian fusions.
7 Levontin Street, Tel Aviv. 03-5605084. www.levontin7.com
- PASAZ is an underground club promoting an array of alternative music from up-and-coming local indie and groove to niche international DJ’s. It reputation as the connoisseur of musical sophistication has attracted a devoted following.94 Allenby Street, Tel Aviv. 077-332-3118. Pasaz on Facebook
- ZAPPA TEL AVIV is where established musicians, home-grown and from abroad perform. Because of its location – this is a destination venue, but almost always worth the (short) journey.
24 Raul Wallenberg Street, Tel Aviv. *9080. www.zappa-club.co.il
- THE BLOCK, in South Tel Aviv is arguably the most established nightclub in Israel devoted to dance. Well-known for a whole host of reasons, most notably its live music events and parties on Thursdays and Fridays.
157 Salame Street, Tel Aviv. 03-537-8002. www.block-club.com
- BARBY TEL AVIV is one of the city’s largest and oldest music venues hosting established local performers & a good selection of niche international performers nightly.
52 Derekh Kibbutz Galyot, Tel Aviv. 03-5188123. www.barby.co.il